Backloggery 2009

I've got a backloggery account. It's a nice site, but it doesn't save your notes in an archive after you update the status. So I'm going to use this post to do that.

December

Quote for the month:
"But how does it taste?" -- Naked Snake, MGS3

Mass Effect
1. Usually in games like these my party is biased towards humans, but I really like Wrex and Garrus.
2. The Mako would have crashed within the first 5 minutes of me driving it if the physics weren't designed never to let me crash.

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
1. Cute game. I like Louie.
2. I am horribly addicted to this game.
3. I know Charme is crying over this lost fish fin: http://bit.ly/hn7viL
4. That's about it for this game. I realized getting 100% on the item encyclopedia would require days of non-stop playing at minimum. Other games await!

Super Scribblenauts
1. This game is so fun! But at this rate I'll beat it in a couple of days.
2. I finished the level that gave me a credits roll, so I assume I beat it? There are still a number of levels that I couldn't figure out.
3. Pretty much exhausted everything I can think of to do. I don't feel like doing the 3-times challenges.

Batman: Arkham Asylum
1. I really like the voice acting, especially Harley.

Metal Gear Acid
1. Strangely addicting. I like Dalton.
2. I got Venus in my party and we're about to get on a train.
3. Sorry Dalton, you pacifist, but it's a hell of a lot more fun just to kill everything.
4. Took me forever but I beat the Metal Gear! But the game apparently doesn't end there?
5. Finished! The ending was decent. I will do a New Game+ sometime.
6. I've played this game to death over the last week. I think I'm burned out.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
1. Tutorial mission clear. This game made my day. I love Big Boss.
2. This game is all about kidnapping people. Johnny was groping nurses today.
3. Python killed me, and I don't feel like going through this map all over again at the moment, since only Snake has a stamina-kill weapon.

Removed from "Now Playing" but not finished:
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Persona
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
XCOM: Apocalypse

November

Age of Empires III
1. Act 2 of the War Chiefs campaign. This game was totally worth the $0.10 I paid for it on Games for Windows.
2. The Fountain of Youth recurring plot is stupid.
3. Beaten the War Chiefs campaign. Don't feel like doing the other campaign.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
1. Finished! Hmm, the ending was acceptable. Now checking out the bonus features.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
1. Bought, haven't yet played. Well, I played the skateboarding game for two minutes to test if the disc worked.
2. I'm stuck at the taking-pictures-of-metal-gear part. Gonna have to read a guide or watch an LP.

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
1. Beat the first couple of stages.
2. Beat the frog thing. Shelved because the racing minigame is hard and my dad is playing DQ8 again.
3. Dropped. There is no way I'll beat Muggshot.

Persona
1. So far, I'm not favorably impressed. I don't like fighting to J-pop.
2. Having more fun now that I have guns and my Personas are more ranked.
3. The status ailments piss me off. Shelving. Plus I'm getting MGS: Portable Ops soon. My PSP needs to be available.

XCOM: Apocalypse
4. I'm so going to beat this game someday! March 27th (in-game day)

Removed from "Now Playing" but not finished:
Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge

October

XCOM: Apocalypse
1. 4 missions in the very first in-game day. Talk about unlucky. Half my people are in the hospital D: Worried about what the next day will bring.
2. RIP Patricia. First (likely of many) to fall to a headcrab.
3. This game is so engrossing when the battles get epic.
I'm so going to beat this game someday! March 27th.

Nox
1. Chapter Four for all classes.
2. Chapter 4 for Warrior and Wizard. Chapter 5 for Conjurer.

Discworld Noir
1. Just got to Act 2.
2. In Act 2. The way Lewton speaks gets on my nerves, so can't play too much at once.

Pokemon FireRed
1. I probably burned myself out on Pokemon games for the next year. I'm getting bored of it.

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
1. Made the voodoo doll.
2. Chapter Two: Trying to find the four map pieces.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
1. My very first MGS game! I fail so much it's funny.
2. I beat "The End" through gratuitous use of Thermal Vision.
3. Climbed The Ladder, absolutely failed at stealth on the mountain, and got killed by The Fury in my first attempt at him. Then kicked his butt.
4. Shit just got epic. I stayed up late last night after the battle with Volgin. Now I'm in a forest with a very hungry, half-dead partner.

BioShock
1. I love this game, verging on fangirl-ism. Beat it for the third time.

Removed from "Now Playing" but not finished:
Half-life 2
Icewind Dale
Majesty
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim
Trilby: The Art of Theft
Overlord
Final Fantasy V
Pokemon FireRed
Ogrebattle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

September
Half-life 2
1. Started Ravenholm, the only level worth playing, afaik.

Icewind Dale
1. Survived an avalanche only to fall into a horde of goblins.
2. Started new game with all my own characters. I couldn't get myself to care about Kulyok's NPCs. Don't like cocky thief girls, druids, or elfy boys.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
1. I remember I got the bad ending. Started a new game recently. I always end up going the chaotic route...

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
1. Started a new game. It's been a while.

Overlord
1. Just started. It's... interesting. I can't tell if it's actually fun, though...

Final Fantasy V
1. playing the spoof translation. sometimes funny, sometimes offensive

Beat:
The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition
Within a Deep Forest

Removed from "Now Playing" but not finished:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

August
Half-life 2
1. I've played this game before, but got bored about half-way and quit. Started new game, now at A Red Letter Day.
2. Near the end of Route Kanal. Is it just me or does this game involve a lot of running around, being lost?

BioShock 2
1. Just started. So far, I like the first one more.
2. This game is growing on me.
3. Well, I beat it. I didn't like the ending. But the journey is more important than the destination. Will play again sometime.

XCOM: Apocalypse
1. New computer = New game. Survived my first mission without losing anyone, though Jurgen was badly injured by a hyperworm.
2. 3rd miss. 1st brainsucked guy: Wolfgang. Also some lady was harboring aliens in her apartment. Srsly she was blocking the way in. Had to gas her.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
1. Finished the rest of the Special Episodes. The Igglybuff one was the best.
2. Beat the main story. Now doing after-story stuff and the Grovyle Special Episode.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-COM: Apocalypse - Game Editors

About

Baldur's Gate 003