Toy Story 3

When I heard there was going to be a Toy Story 3, I was immediately pissed. With Hollywood's bad sequel madness, what else could I expect but compete failure? So, I refused to believe anyone who said it was good and went to see it with a decidedly pessimistic attitude.


From thepeoplesmovies

As it turns out, I was wrong. The movie far exceeded my expectations.

Its target audience is someone who hasn't seen the original Toy Story in years, and may or may not have even seen the 2nd one (which wasn't that great), and is now going to see this new one so many years later. It's like we've all grown up a bit since we've seen these characters and we understand them all the more for it. The movie takes place around 10 years after the first one anyway.

I won't spoil the movie, but I'll just say it was very, very good, despite being very sentimental. There are a number of moments that will choke you up with emotion --- although the little kids in the theater were totally unaffected. I think the age factor is important. Little kids can enjoy the movie as entertainment but its themes won't mean that much to them. And if you haven't seen the original Toy Story, it probably won't mean very much to you.

I still hope they won't make a 4th one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-COM: Apocalypse - Game Editors

About

Baldur's Gate 003