Dark Wizard 17

Previous --- Index --- Next

Scarn 11th

"We need some delectable elves in our army," the king told me. I'm sure he meant delightful, or delicate.

But elves... they are elusive, keeping out of the affairs of men, and they usually stay neutral in all conflicts. None have offered to join us so far.

But the king demands it, so we must push for them. I've put out a sort of propaganda campaign.


(Zelda images from here and here).

Hopefully it will bring in someone.

I noticed that more and more chaotic personalities are signing up. It makes me wary, but I understand that we need all the help we can get.

Now that I've mentioned it...



We recently hired a dwarf named Guv'na. He and the other dwarfs got into a violent argument. Guv'na plans to take up magic, which is forbidden to dwarfs. It goes against all dwarven tradition not to be a warrior rushing headlong into battle. But Guv'na then hit the offender over the head with his staff, and this ended the debate.



We also hired a human named Zem who plans to be a warrior.

And Buklauu was sent to Dreik.



You can send hirelings on search parties to maps you've completed. This is highly abusable to gain items, money, and exp for the unit. For example, I got a silver leaf (resale value: 500g) in Teote for praying at the church. I could repeatedly enter/exit the town to keep receiving it.

I can also complete quests on searches.







Jackpot !!

Also, the power staff can be used as an item; it casts a basic healing spell, which can be used even when no one's hurt, and always gives 2 exp. So if I really wanted, I could level and class change up everybody on a search party with this item.

But that's no fun, so I won't.

Technically, every unit sent on a search cannot be used in the next battle. I could, however, begin the next battle, then use the retreat option right at the start. This sends me back to the management screen, and all units sent on search and sent to guard are recalled. There are no penalties for retreating.


Again, since it's cheating, I won't. Sorry, BukLauu! You're sitting the next battle out.

Previous --- Index --- Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-COM: Apocalypse - Game Editors

About

Baldur's Gate 003