An elf's hell

And so it came to pass that my elf wanted to fly like a bird.

Riding a dragon isn't enough?

But anyway. There is an annoying quest to get the elf transformation skill. First Castanea, head chief of elves, makes you do some fetch quests, and then Alexina in the human camp makes you choose one of three tasks.

1. Sketch 8 field bosses that appear in the base camp region:
Giant Short Horned Gnu
Giant Long Horned Gnu (also translated as "Giant Big-horned Gnu")
Gold-tailed Mongoose
Head Hyena
Wolf-striped Desert Spider
Gold Kiwi
Giant Gold Forest Mushroom Spider
Gold Forest Lizard

2. Defeat a fucking Giant Sandworm.


Rawrg!

3. Gather up glowing gargoyle pieces and successfully make it through the glowing gargoyle Maiz dungeon. Can be done with a party of equally sucky elves and also maybe some giants.

Yeah, it would be hell. But I was going to do #3 if my human was available to do the dirty work, but well she is still freaking locked out gj there devcat

So yeah, I chose #1, not even paying attention to the fact that my guild leader was busy planning a glowing gargoyle dungeon run the next weekend.

Whoops.

Basically for three days I had Mabinogi open in window mode, moved to the top of my computer screen, and idled in Qilla Base Camp, praying I would notice if a field boss announcement scroll across the screen while I worked on my Nanowrimo and comic and read Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.


Yes!


No!


Yes!

I got four of the sketches on the first day, then three the next, and ugh it took all day on the third day to get the last one, the Gold Forest Mushroom Spider.


Please please please don't despawn before I sketch you.



Task complete!

Then, after completing that quest, you have to visit Taunes in the giant town and not get killed by guards. Which was easy because dragons can fly and giants can't.

After that, you've got to collect ancient medals on the landmarks in Rano and Connous region.

Sometimes the chest with the medal is guarded by a slate monster.


I used to opportunity to get a few boss kills for windmill.  Break it down~


Also, did you know the ancients like fish enough to make a fish landmark? fish <3


And then I got all the medals and became a centaur.

The end.

I should buy a new bow for myself after all that work


hey that's not how you hold a bow you dumb elf ah my face


Having the falcon transformation at total 48 isn't bad, but I've seen people even lower with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-COM: Apocalypse - Game Editors

About

Baldur's Gate 003