Dark Wizard 02 (Quentin)

Previous --- Index --- Next

Scarn 1st - Morning

The king desired a more local map to prepare for the coming battle.

I hired a cartographer, and he produced this.

5 minutes in MSPaint...



I may have to fire him, but it will do for now.

A demon Warlord has taken over Norma.



We will focus on taking that castle back, liberating the villages on the way. We may also take Tourla, since it is not far out of our way.

Surprisingly, our call to arms has come to fruition. We have ...



A fighter named Link.
A priest named Rogutaan.
A mage named Yumekai.

These are the default people that the game starts me off with. They already start at class 2. Each of them cost 20g/turn to upkeep and Amon only earns 108g/turn. And he only starts with 650g.

We also have some raw recruits. They've each been given a weapon from our reserves. We have no armor to give them; they must use the clothes on their backs. It may sound cruel, but the treasurer informs me that we have not been able to collect taxes from any of the towns still occupied by the demon army. Our coffers are very low.

Mugenai
Boxxy
Buklauu
Ladywinter



They all have the same starting stats.

In any case, our strategist has decided not to waste time, and so we are sending them all out now.

Finally, the king has used his Light Power Staff to summon a couple of manticores. We are sending them straight towards Tourla, hoping a direct attack will catch the enemy off-guard.



As previously noted, Amon has a really low gold income. We're going to have a hell of a time hiring everyone, let alone equipping them. Each human hireling cost me 100g initially to hire, so we only have 250g now and now our unit upkeep is 100g/turn. So... we only earn 8g/turn. Yeah.

Here's how the game plays. I move all of my characters and end the turn, then the enemy moves all of his characters. Then it's my turn again.

Characters I've just hired/summoned have to wait until next turn to move.

I can select any character I want in order to move him/her. Below I have selected Yumekai, the mage, and selected the "MOVE" option.




Each character has a specific movement range (You can see where the movement range ends. The game makes a loud ZZZZ!! noise when I try to move them farther than they can go). The movement range is affected by race, class, and terrain. For example, dwarves are pretty slow, and elves move faster in forests than other races. As the characters get class changes, their movement increases.

All the sprites are animated, except for the ones that I've finished moving. That way I know who I've moved already. Also, if I click any empty hex or a character that has already moved, the game will automatically move the cursor to a character who hasn't.


You can take actions after you move. The priest, for example, can use his CURE spell on himself or someone in an adjacent hex.





This game thinks caps is cruise control for cool.

(The dialogue box shows up at the bottom of the screen. I just combined all three that showed up after healing into one picture. It's worth using healing spells even when no one's hurt since it gives exp.)

Battle will be addressed in a future post.



Previous --- Index --- Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-COM: Apocalypse - Game Editors

About

Baldur's Gate 003