Ineffectual raging at Nexon NA

I need to let off steam somewhere, so it might as well be here.

My main character in Mabinogi is still locked out. When I try to log in as her, the game simply pushes me back to the log-in screen.

At first, I didn't care that much. I have a pretty laid-back attitude towards a lot of things, and this was one of them -- especially since I knew from the IRC on the day the lockouts began that the NA GM team was working hard on it. I'm a casual player anyway, and it was right before the holidays, so I wasn't planning on playing much anyway.

Eight weeks later -- and counting -- and I've lost my patience. The issue was reported to the Korean team and it's up to them to fix it. But, you know, Developing G16 is a lot more important to them. I guess if I was on the team I wouldn't give a crap about NA's problems either.

Okay okay, they might be working hard on it, I don't know.

Oh yeah, and when G15 came out on KR server, that server also had this problem. It was fixed in two weeks (? this is according to Herro, don't quote me on this)

Couple that with the fact that I'm not the only one affected: all three main wiki administrators, myself included, have their main character unavailable.

Every single character Herro owns -- including his alts -- is locked out.

I only know a couple of people who don't have at least one character locked.

And they haven't bloody fixed it yet! Mabinogi is a game in which, if you miss one week of playing, you are potentially getting very far behind -- especially if you're a non-casual, paid-weekly-rebirth player, which includes many of those who are locked out.

What does NA do instead? Add a buttload of gachapons, add 2 more dragon pets, etc. etc.

cash cash cash

I'm not paying another penny until my character is back, and even then, it won't be much.

Unless they add like a fucking giant Gundam pet.

Hello, JP server~~ idea for you~~

Anyway. If it wasn't for Vincent keeping me playing, I'd have ragequit. At least his main character is working.

Oh, and to top it all off, ever since NA added the VIP service, non-VIP members can't use potions by the regular hotkeys anymore, the hotkeys that we're so ingrained to use from years of using them. At this point, I don't know if that's a bug or just another "fuck you" from Nexon. You can move potions to the skill bar but that takes up a skill spot! And reviving feathers can't be put up there, so if you have to revive someone in a pinch, well, you're screwed. You have to open inventory, right-click the feather, then click the user, instead of using the control+j hotkey to activate the feather.

Anyway, about the lockout again: Ever since G15 came out, the GM team has not come to our IRC channel -- at least, not while I was there -- I did go on vacation for a week. Is that telling or what?

In their defense, they probably know they'll be flooded with "fix the lockout!" requests if they show up there.

Oh well, I feel better now.  On to bigger and better things!


Well what do you know, they fixed it the day after I made this post! =v

Comments

  1. The entire situation still pisses me off as well. Eight weeks, and they haven't even given us an update on the situation at all. At this point, even saying a: "Sorry guys, we're still working on it" would be better than absolutely silent ambiance at this point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

X-COM: Apocalypse - Game Editors

About

Baldur's Gate 003