Dark Wizard 39

Previous --- Index --- Next

Since 6 people were KO'd on the previous map, and there are only 5 slots open for units to guard a castle for the next map, I decided to send Sairek the mage on a search party.



We're making him go to that Aqua-Aracna map that we were conveniently able to skip.



Entering the town smack in the middle of the map.



Wind drops? Is that like cough drops but for ... okay I'm not going there.







How delightfully vague.



Do tell, bleach blonde granny.



Considering we've cleared the areas left and right of this one, I think we're safe, but I wouldn't argue with Granny. She looks tough.





Sounds like fun!



Oh...

I have to say, that makes no sense at all. You'd think a funeral bell would make undead happy since it means someone just died, right?






Supposed to be? The shrine's either there or it isn't, buddy.



Now we go to the town to the northeast. To the west of it you can see the wind shrine that priest just mentioned.





The owners of the Alchemist's shop, I think you mean.

I mean it's not like you have can have a pet alchemist.




Hey, bub, I don't think so! I was warned not to trust you and I think you'd better start telling me the truth right now!

Oh, wait, this is the pawn store, not the alchemist's. Sorry!






The truth is obviously that they put dirt in the potions, and the lie that it's special dirt.

By the way, I think this is the first time we've heard of the Jewel of Light. It's important to remember.

The closest thing we have right now is that Blue Crystal the elves gave us quite a while back. (Is an epic trade quest in our future? Maybe!)

Anyway, after a quick glance, I don't think his items are any more special that those I can get anywhere else. I don't tend to buy or use potions or herbs in this game, anyway. Besides, we can't afford consumable items!




Her name's Granny, mister.



What a trip that Granny is, eh? =v





Eh, well, Sairek has Thunder, the level 1 wind spell. He may as well give it a go, right?



I tried SRCH on the shrine and it didn't work. You actually have to go into the inventory and USE the wind drops.









She doesn't pull any punches!



A menu comes up, and you can choose to Attack or use any spell you have. Sairek only has thunder.





She's, um, not impressed.



Since we're not going to win anyway, I had Sairek attack her.















She doesn't actually change colors, it's just a frame in the animation that plays when you leave a screen, but I thought it looked interesting.

Anyway, so, yeah, that's what happens when you fight an elemental spirit. Basically, they will gradually work up their attacks, starting with level 1 version of their elemental spell, and keep going until the highest level. You're supposed to just spam the highest level spell of their element that you have. I don't think it has to be the max level available, but I'm not sure. If you survive their highest level spell, you win. Guv'Na has our highest-level wind spell, so he might have a chance at this.

If you win, your spell of their element is made into a more powerful version. However, this spell has two very important downsides: it cannot be used at range, and it can only hit one target. So, if he got this spell, Guv'Na wouldn't be able to hit multiple targets with his lightning bolts, and he'd also have to stand right next to the enemy to cast it, thereby taking up a space that could be used for a melee unit (and Sabrina knows we have a ton of melee units!)

The same sort of battle will happen if we take that Fire Staff to that funny-looking mountain we saw a few maps previous. Our only fire spells are level 1 so we can't win that either.


Previous --- Index --- Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-COM: Apocalypse - Game Editors

About

Baldur's Gate 003