Dark Wizard 04

Previous --- Index --- Next

Scarn 1st - Evening

My lord has told me to go get some rest. When I asked if he'll rest too, he told me that the day has only just begun for him. He's surely very excited about our Holy Army's progress, but I hope he doesn't overexert himself.

A report says our troops will encounter the enemy any minute now, but I'm too exhausted to stay up. I have another busy day of handling recruitment tomorrow.

Cue End of Turn.

First encounters! A chimera comes and attacks Link. (Click the image if you missed the animation; it's a .gif)

Photobucket

When you are attacked, you will counter, provided you have the same type of attack you are attacked with. The chimera used a physical attack, and Link has a physical attack, so Link was able to counter.

Photobucket

This L Harpy, on the other hand, used a special attack, Freeze. Buklauu does not have a special attack to counter with, so Buklauu does not counter.

Every character gets one counter each turn. So if, say, a skeleton came and melee'd Link this turn, Link could not counter it, since he already countered the chimera.

There are only two types of abilities to counter with: physical and special. Almost everything has a physical attack (except ghosts). Only summoned monsters have a special attack. If I want to attack and not get countered, I should pay attention to which attacks I'm using and which attacks the enemy units can use.

Magic cannot be used in counters :( and also you cannot counter magic.

In any case, ow ow ow! Buklauu's lost over half his HP in one hit (HP: 18/40).

It's not easy being a newbie!

At least he got exp, right?

Previous --- Index --- Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-COM: Apocalypse - Game Editors

About

Baldur's Gate 003