Legend of Mana 002: Field trip to Domina (read: BORING & tons of dialogue)

Previous --- Index --- Next

Note: I really, really, don't like the L'il Cactus. I will be ignoring him her it whenever possible.



Anyway, let's go downstairs.

Whoo, a chest.



My house is so.... lucrative! a boom tish

Here's the only use of the circle menu from Secret of Mana.  In the study, I can look up items, characters, monsters and stuff in the encyclopedias.



It's not much but I call it home.



It's a plant man!



Sproutling, plant man, whatever.

The world can be shaped by your imagination!

Did you know that?

..................



Of course I knew that! (what the hell is he talking about?)

Here you go!



Hey, blocks. Let's pretend we're little kids again and make buildings with them.

This is the town of Domina.











All that for a gingerbread town.

Video.




And I must immediately watch dialogue.





......

Elazul.



And Elazul runs into the bar and the Onion Kid walks off to the left.  At least that scene was mercifully short.

Gonna ignore both of them for now.



I'm Miss Yuka, the keeper of this inn.

Now I must explore this entire inn and loot everything /rpgcliches

Even the egg!





He wasn't selling much, though.

Oh dear god.



Is this the remains of Mr. Yuka?? I... I don't even wanna...

Let's get out of here >_>



Ugh, I know!

And this shop is selling a statue of the kid selling minerals. Looks a little too realistic =x



Is there anyone in this town who isn't messed up?

The answer is no.



Yes, this thing is a living teapot. Named Teapo. With a cockney dialect.

He said, "I'm lookin' for me lost girlfriend. 'Ave you seen 'er?"

So I says, "No, I 'aven't. Honest, guv."

But then 'e said I woz lyin', and 'e started threatenin' me.

Maybe 'e woz a stalker! Blimey!



And don't forget to equip them! Hit the START button to make your preparations.

I'll probably be teaching you the battle system, so leave that to me!

Good job breaking the 4th wall.

Even if I'm just an onion warrior, I'm still a warrior!

Duelle, whatever is an onion warrior?

A remnant from Final Fantasy 3 (J)'s class system.

How should I know?

Ugh. Let's talk to antler man.

I thought getting Rachel a job would help cheer her up...

But I hardly get to see her anymore!

Oh, yeah...





Umm... thanks? Totally random.

Look it over in your study. And feel free to check out our shop!

Let's sneak into Rachel's room!



Aww, no chest with disturbing goods in it.

Okay, time to go after Elazul.



But I just got here ... ? D:



Don't make me angry...

......

What are you hiding!?

Using exclamation points and question marks at the same time is an obvious sign of mental instability, but let's give him a break. Pretty sure he's the guy that Teapo was talking about, whose girlfriend is missing.



A friend is missing.

Pretty sure she wouldn't like to be called just a "friend."



She wears a white dress and has long hair. She's like a sister to me...

Okay, now that's just getting creepy.

I am worried.



Lol "Offer compassion." Like "Haha, sucks to be you"? But nah, I'll help him.

Together, with me...? But you mustn't... No, I would be grateful!

The "you mustn't" is foreshadow btw ;)

......

What?

Here...



So...?

What's this.........?

Let's sell it on the black market.

(There's a flash of blue from Elazul's chest.)

It smells like Pearl... Let's hurry!

How can it smell like pearl when it's made of jade?  Oh whatever.

I tried talking to the bee-girl or fairy or whatever she is again, but she wasn't very helpful:

......

More plant man Sproutling nonsense.







The plant men can't die? Well... damn.

Meimei is what happens when you let the Chiquita Banana's fruit fixation take control.  Those are giant grapes on her head.



10 Lucre. I'm saving for my retirement, so no less!

Just



Oh... ok. Well, it probably won't come true anyway.

Wise move.

That doesn't exactly make me want to change my mind.

On the way to the church... we meet the chief inspector. I always though he was a bulldog but he's actually a mouse (I think?).



You're the one everyone thinks is the stalker, aren't you!?

Another unstable person.

Well, what do you have to say!?

Looking for guys with reputations is your job, huh?

Uh...well, not really, but...

It's to keep the town peaceful! Don't you see?

No, I don't.

I don't get this convo either.

......

Very well! You're free to go! Don't do it again!

... Right.

And I went into the church, but there's way too much boring explanatory dialogue to transcribe here.

But I did play the organ.



And when I asked about imagination, the pastor said this.





Well, I'm no plant man fan, but I'm pretty sure the town didn't exist until I built it with my toys.

Legend of Mana has a plethora of annoying characters.  The mailman bird thing is high on the list.  Next to Sotherby, who we haven't met yet.



I do not care for these two, either.





And he doesn't care for me.

That's about it for Domina. Next, we'll take Elazul (or dump him) and actually do a quest. Or maybe I'll go through the church dialogue.

Oh wait, if you go in on a different day of the week, the fairy lady in the weapon shop (the one with the little kid statue) has the day off and we can talk to her too.



Oh dear, girls just love to gossip.

My worthless husband tried to cheer our daughter up by sending her away to work!

He should've just let her play with her friends Teapo and Duelle!

Sorry ma'am but Teapo is no one's friend.

He's always doting over her, buying her everything...

And have you seen how he made up her room? Why, it's disgusting!

Yeah, no treasure chest :|

Oh, but Auntie does so much like your clothes. Very good taste!

Auntie thinks you're the best!

Ummm... okay?

Oh, here! This is for you. Take this back to your place and check it out.



Bonus
Video: Domina's Music uploaded by PeyserConley. His channel has the entire OST. Thank you, sir!



Previous --- Index --- Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-COM: Apocalypse - Game Editors

About

Baldur's Gate 003