Legend of Mana 003: Niccolo's Business Unusual #1

Previous --- Index --- Next

Why #1?  Because there's more later =_=  Stupid fat rabbit.



But the highway is full of bandits.

It's too dangerous to leave the town. Don't you think so?



I has a two-handed axe for a reason.

How brave of you. I can't do business with those highwaymen about.

Let's go teach those bandits a lesson.

Once we're done, I'll make you rich.

$_$

If you refuse, he says:

You don't get it.

If you accept (and have Elazul already):

Say goodbye to that one. We won't get along.

Hmph. Do as you will.

Decisions, decisions. Well, you saw the title of this post, so buh-bye Elazul. Good luck finding your sister friend girlfriend whatever.





Let's kill us some bandits!



D'aww, why do we got to talk to that freak?

Sigh...

But as we head over there...



Over here!

I told you to go away.

I knew there was something different about you. Take me with you.

Look, I'll take you after the fat rabbit's quest, okay?





Geez. Anyway.

And the chief inspector now talks about bandits instead of my scary face.

Anyway.



'Ave yer got anything good for me today?

Actually, I have a splendid item, but I just can't let it go.

'Oi, Niccolo, yore just tryin' to rile me up!

It's just junk anyway.

Quiet, onion.

This is it. It's a wheel I picked up on the highway.

Hmm, it looks like a regular 'ol wheel to me...

Fine. I'm going. You're right. This is just an old wheel. Nothing special.

'Ang on then, guv! Even I can tell it ain't no regular wheel!

I'll take it! How much do you want for it?

50,000 Lucre.

Niccolo, you're a wee too proud for yore own good.

Nothing costs that much. S'truth!

Bring me 50,000 Lucre.

Until then...... I'll let &D use it.



Yay.

Niccolo, you're the bleedin' worst! I'll cop the money, so please, let me 'ave it.

I'll be back.

With another wheel we find on the road. He'll cut you a deal, two for 80,000.

Bloody 'eartless!

I know, right?

And if we talk to Teapo again...

By the way, Niccolo...

Don't you 'ave anything I could buy right now?

You have to spend money to make money. Remember that.

So anyway, the wheel is an item I can use to make a new area, Luon Highway.







Video.


And the area music (Wanderer's Path) from PeyserConley. Play it while you read the rest of this.


Let's go kill things! Finally!

Or talk to an onion =/





Wrong.

Okay, well, that doesn't matter, but let me tell you some things to help in your battles.

What do you want to know?



Meh, we'll figure it out without your help.

Random battle scenes of my first battle that you can't make any sense of.

At the start of the battle, all the units do a flip or jump to take their weapons out.







Ow, bit by a rabite!





The jewels represent experience. We have to pick up these jewels when the enemies drop them or else they'll disappear.



Whoo. Candy! (sometimes monsters drop it instead of exp when they die. It heals some HP which is kinda useless since you automatically get healed 100% after a battle). Oh, notice the HP gauge is a percentage scale.



A catgirl!





Niccolo immediately freaks.



What cute ears!! We were meant to be together!!

Excuse me, I wasn't talking to you.

......

Do you have something you'd like to ask me?

We got some choices.



1.

You must be very brave... I am afraid to see him.

I fear the truth will make me suffer more...

2.

I come from the Gato Grottoes.

There is an ancient temple there, which is very famous.

That doesn't exactly tell me where, though...

3.

Gaeus the Earth is what he is called, and he should be near here.

But I feel as though I shouldn't ask him the truth...

And that exhausts that.

Loot is loot, and I know I shouldn't complain, but...



How useful is that, really?

Chobin Hood (the Ewok with a bow) goes flying, whee.



Oh yeah, I decided to check if I have any techniques, and I do: Flying Sawblades.



Let's use it.

(charging up)



Go!








A couple battles later I learn a new skill.



Oh, ho! A new area, and boss battle music starts. (again, from PeyserConley).













A giant mantis flies in (and knocks the bandits aside).



Boss Battle Video!


Highlights: I kept whacking it into the corner with the axe's uppercut. Then I decided to stop and show off the Flying Sawblades technique, which didn't work since the boss decided to use its own technique at about the same time. Then Niccolo used his technique and surprisingly hit it.

So note: Enemies are immune to attacks when they are charging a skill. But! the reverse is also true.

All in all, easy.

Wonderful. I knew you could do it.

Thank you. You really are something else. I'll make you rich.

Just a moment...

An Iron Pot... A Greenball Bun... A Tako Bug...

Normally costing 3,000 Lucre, it can be yours for only 300.

He forces you to buy them. There's some funny dialogue if you don't have enough cash, but somehow, I do.

Oh, and take this, too.





Well, maybe those were worth 300 Lucre.

What are you frowning at? Smile! Let the world know you're happy!

After all, I am a merchant. I want to make my customers happy.

I enjoy life, and you should, too.

Well, adios!





Previous --- Index --- Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-COM: Apocalypse - Game Editors

About

Baldur's Gate 003