Let's (Watch Me) Play Legend of Mana

Index --- Next

Cuz I don't really want your guidance.

Photobucket

Legend of Mana (LoM) is the only Seiken Densetsu game released on the PS1, and is the 4th in the series. You may have heard of Secret of Mana, the SNES game that there are way too many fantards for (how many of them have actually beaten it without cheating? Aside from the 2~3-player option and the heavy nostalgia value, the game sucked hard). LoM builds on the combat system presented there and modifies it, for better or for worse (and maybe breaks it).

If you are unfamiliar with the earlier games, they are 2D, top-down-view action RPGs (think of Zelda: Link to the Past). Basically, you choose a weapon, you bash enemies with it, earn exp and level up. You can change out your weapons, use magic, and you can play 2-player with a friend, or let the (dumb) AI control the allies. LoM is a little different in that the world is side-scrolling with "rooms" of enemies that need to be defeated before you can move on. You can read that as "It is tedious."

And yeah, it's by Square-Enix, back in their peak of RGP-making (or depth, depending on your view).

I love this game and figured I'd play through it and show it off. I've beaten it many times over the years.

Here is the intro movie uploaded by Artificialraven. Nice quality, for youtube.



As you can tell by the art the characters are creepy as all hell. Bunch of demi-humans. But anyway.

I won't be bothering with item crafting system or making golems because neither appealed to me. I will be getting a pet, haven't decided what yet. I'll make videos of boss fights so you can see how much I suck. The game isn't that hard, though, and when you die you have the option to continue and restart the battle you died on. So you really can't lose...

There are 3 main storyarcs to play through, and many, many sidequests, and I plan to do them all.

There are quite a few Let's Plays done for this game already, so feel free to ignore this one. I'll probably give up at some point anyway.

If you want to play the game yourself, just google for the iso. I'm using the pSX emulator.

Photobucket

Index --- Next

Comments

  1. Come to think of it, it plays a lot like Dungeon Fighter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

X-COM: Apocalypse - Game Editors

About

Baldur's Gate 003