Backloggery 2011

I've got a backloggery account. It's a nice site, but it doesn't save your notes in an archive after you update the status. So I'm going to use this post to do that. Last year's games are here.

June

Mass Effect 2
1. Yay, we got Garrus back~
2. Ahaha! Ashley and Shepard is not meant to be. Now to find a new love interest? Or what? Bachelor ftw?
3. Shepard got an email that from some guy named Billy who wants to kill him. What a scary name for a psychopath.
4. Tali likes Shepard but I think I'll have him stay loyal to Ashley and wait for ME3.
5. Samara's loyalty quest was the most hilarious thing ever. Making Shepard get 'picked up' by a murderess. And dancing.

May

Eien no Filena
1. This game's music is awful! But it's a Mystic Quest-style RPG.

LA-MULANA
1. For when I'm feeling masochistic. Beat the Guidance Gate boss, Amphisbaena.

Mass Effect
1. Sorry, Liara, but my FemShep doesn't swing that way. Also is it just me or does Garrus die a lot?

Pokemon White
11. Elite Four beaten. Musharna, Krookodile, Unfezant, Klank, Basculin, Chandelure. I love my Basculin. He is 10-15 levels higher than the rest.
12. Musharna, Krookodile, Unfezant, Klank, Basculin, Chandelure. Did not expect another boss battle after N. Now doing post-game stuff.
13. I'm done with this. Post-game content is more frustrating than fun.

Finished this month:
Pokemon White

April

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
5. So I found a bunch of pieces to make a drill, but... I'm totally lost as to what to do with it.

Lords of the Realm 2
1. This is the game I got my Internet name from! Currently playing the non-expansion campaign. Map: England.
2. Map: Italy. I'm in the middle. This will be rough.
3. Map: France. The Countess has a Royal Castle... but I own half of France. Even Berry.
4. Map: Eastern Mediterranean (Crusades). I'm Italy. PAX ROMANA!
5. Germany is a pain in the rear. Only a few turns in and my county has the plague.
6. SETUP2.WAV
7. Finished both main campaigns. I guess I will do custom maps and skirmishes now for completion.
8. Impossible difficulty isn't so much impossible as really annoying/tedious. The game is all "I HOPE YOU LIKE DEFENDING YOUR CASTLES EVERY TURN. HAH"

Pokemon White
6. The hailstorms during winter are seriously annoying. I think I'll hibernate (i.e. not play the game) until spring next week.
7. Badges: 5. Servine, Musharna, Palpitode, Krokorok. The rest vary. Past Chargestone Cave.
8. Badges: 7. Serperior, Musharna, Krokorok, Tynamo, Klank. Desert Resort is kind of stupid.
9. Badges: 8. Serperior, Musharna, Krookodile, Klank, Unfezant, Basculin. On to the Elite Four, I guess.
10. Badges: 8. Musharna, Krookodile, Unfezant, Klank, Basculin, Chandelure. That's right -- I've retired my starter. His screech was annoying.

Tecmo's Deception: Invitation to Darkness
4. The gameplay is getting repetitive. What happened to the plot? However, I'm still having enough fun to continue playing.
5. According to his description, Zamur had the power to destroy the world. Instead, he decided to run into my fire spikes repeatedly until he died.
6. This game was ... different. Once was enough. I think I got the good ending.

Finished this month:
Tecmo's Deception: Invitation to Darkness

March

Quote for the month:
"Dead flesh can act as a distraction." -- Amnesia: The Dark Descent hint

Tecmo's Deception
1. Gawdammit people get out of my castle!! (pretty much describes the entire game)
2. I've sold my soul to the Devil, and yet I feel I'm less evil than Prince Yurias. I just kill people who invade my castle while he manipulates lives.
3. My fiance saw me kill an invader, and she left me. This was right after I had renovated the castle to include a personal bedroom for her!

Pokemon White
1. Badges: 0. Snivy, Purrloin, Lillipup, Patrat
2. Badges: 1. Servine, Purrloin, Lillipup, Patrat, Munna, Pidove. At the Nacrene Gym.
3. Badges: 3. Servine, Herdier, Tranquill, Musharna, Tympole, Blitzle. Heading to Route 4.
4. Badges: 4. Servine, Herdier, Tranquill, Musharna, Palpitode, Sandile. Just finished the Cold Storage area.
5. Badges: 5. Servine, Herdier, Tranquill, Musharna, Palpitode, Krokorok. Clay was a joke. Palpitode solo'd him.

Mirror's Edge
1. This game is fun when you aren't failing the same jump 10 times in a row.
2. This game is an exercise in frustration and there is a good chance I will not play it again.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
1. I wasn't scared at all until I heard a primal growl when I entered a dark room.
2. I saw something, I swear!... but now I'm mostly getting scared by shadows. Just entered the cellar archives.
3. "Block the path. Run..."
4. Finally past all the water. This game is the greatest I've played in a long time. Definitely gets the adrenaline going.

Fire Emblem: Sword of Flame
1. Finished Eliwood's campaign. Debating whether to play Hector mode or not.

Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
1. Level 18. We just got Nevan. I don't like the way his sprite looks, but he came with a healing staff so he's cool in my book.
2. Level 25. Got the ship and island.

Finished this month:
Fire Emblem

February

Quote for the month:
"You must gather your party before venturing forth." -- Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale narrator

Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
1. Just started. Level 5, the Fortune Festival is over. I am going to see the King of Somnia.
2. Level 11. I laughed out loud at the whole Mr. Barkington incident.

Icewind Dale II
1. Even with the Nvidia fix, the gameplay is choppy. It's playable, but I may end up dropping it.
2. This game is hard as balls! Thank God the developers made the cheat hotkeys easy to enable and use.
3. We were supposed to disguise ourselves as Yuan-ti (snakepeople) and sneak in to their cult, but our paladin refused. Commence snakepeople genocide.
4. The Dragon's Eye was one of the most tedious, long, and frustrating dungeons I have ever played through. I nearly ragequit.
5. I won't be playing this game anytime soon, simply because it ran so damned slow, even with the fan-made graphics fix for Nvidia graphics cards.

Lego Harry Potter
1. The cutscenes are hilarious, but I think the gameplay will get tedious soon. Just got the invisibility cloak.

Fire Emblem
1. Playing again, since I was inspired by Tr4ce and Rikkuni. Near the end of the tutorial campaign.
2. Finished Lyn's campaign.

Finished this month:
Mass Effect
Icewind Dale II

Removed from "Now Playing" this month but not finished:
Lego Harry Potter

January

Quote for the month:
"Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun." -- Krogan Mercenary, Mass Effect

Sly 2: Band of Thieves
1. First episode. Bugged the painting and followed the fruity French lizard.

Mass Effect
1. The romance conflict was sudden and awkward. I didn't even know I had officially started the romances o_o I'm going for Ashley, I guess.
2. (post-Virmire) Well, I wasn't using Kaidan much anyway, so...
3. Making Shepard a "single survivor" was cool until it turned out to be a government conspiracy or some crap like that.
4. At Feros. Since I'm a good person I'm supposed to use nerve gas on the mind-controlled colonists. But I forget the grenade hotkey.

Baldur's Gate (Tutu Conversion)
1. Party was Ajantis, Gavin, Minsc, Viconia, and Xan. Not complete because I skipped Durlag's Tower.

Baldur's Gate 2
2. Party was Aerie, Minsc, Solaufein, Viconia, Xan. I will likely replay the entire series later this year.

Removed from "Now Playing" this month but not finished:
Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Finished this month:
Baldur's Gate series

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-COM: Apocalypse - Game Editors

About

Baldur's Gate 003